Monday, January 11, 2010

Workout Week In Review

Hello Monday,

Time keeps on slipping, slipping, slipping, into the future. Boy the weekends go by fast. I read a quote once that said, "If you are living for the weekends, you are not really living." I really agree with this. The weekend is only a couple days. The rest of the week makes up the majority of our time. So, count your blessings and really try to enjoy every day. Before you know it, you will have a couple days off. I know, most of us hate Monday because we got to go to work. But, just think how great it is that we have a job. Especially in this struggling economy.

Yesterday's activities included a 7 mile run at a moderately easy pace. The run lasted 1:01 and my average heart rate was 119 bpm. That is a pretty low heart rate for that effort.

I am so excited about the weather in Chicago this week. It will feel balmy mid week with temps in the mid to upper 30's. I will have to run in the heat once it arrives.

Last week was my most productive exercise week ever. I will have to build on this throughout the year.

Week In Review: Jan. 4-Jan. 10

Activity Miles Hours Calories Burned

Swimming 2.55 1:45 845

Biking 33.10 2:20 1690

Running 50.21 7:19 6387 approx

TOTALS: 85.86 10:84 8922

So, I covered almost 86 miles and devoted almost eleven hours to training this week. Calories burned were almost 9000 which is the equivelent of three days of eating. Now, it's time to do it all over again.






Edited by Silentrunner 1/11/2010 7:24 AM

-----
" Beyond the very extreme of fatigue and distress, we may find amounts of ease and power we never dreamed ourselves to own, sources of strength never taxed at all because we never push through the obstruction."

No comments:

Post a Comment