Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Tick Tock Tick Tock...

One week away from being really sore. I love marathon soreness.

Time just keeps on ticking. Taper is going well. I feel sort of fat. My body is hording H2O. That's why I say, call me the Camel. I recall after my last 13.1 this past weekend, I drank nothing during the run and when I got home and relieved myself, my urine was still pretty clear. Very interesting. I will not do this in Boston though. I will only drink enough to keep me from getting excessively thirsty.

I want this week to go really slow. Enjoy every minute.

Yesterday was a non-running day for me. I did 4 miles on the elliptical instead. Today I look forward to an easy 6 miles. I will skip the Boston Bound training speed work. I may insert some speed into my run just to keep the fast twitch muscles alive.

Each day I formalize my plan for running Boston. I would love to be able to run without concern of niggles popping up. But, if they do I know how to deal with them from training. If the beast shows up during the later miles I know how to handle him as well.

Can't wait!


-----
" Beyond the very extreme of fatigue and distress, we may find amounts of ease and power we never dreamed ourselves to own, sources of strength never taxed at all because we never push through the obstruction."

* It takes courage to push yourself to places that you have never been before... to test your limits... to break through barriers. And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight inside the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.” - Anais Nin

No comments:

Post a Comment