Thursday, April 29, 2010

Routine Day

Good morning.

Supposed to be in the 70's today. The only problem is the winds will be 20-30 mph with gusts up to 50mph. Running south today will be a challenge.

I may want to run this morning instead. Planning on 6-8 miles of general aerobic running.

Well, I signed up for my first triathlon, Bigfoot Triathlon, June 27. This is the Olympic/International distance which is 1.5K swim, 40km bike, and 10K run. I am able to complete this now. But, my goal is to be cometitive in my age group. I will work on my speed and endurance in all disciplines.

This will be a warm up for the 1/2 Ironman July 18.

Yesterday, was a swim and bike day. I just swam 1000 yards and worked on my form. The bike was done on the indoor trainer and I pedaled 16 miles. Biking on the trainer really makes my legs feel great. It refreshes them.

Have a great day.




-----
" Beyond the very extreme of fatigue and distress, we may find amounts of ease and power we never dreamed ourselves to own, sources of strength never taxed at all because we never push through the obstruction."

* It takes courage to push yourself to places that you have never been before... to test your limits... to break through barriers. And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight inside the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.” - Anais Nin

No comments:

Post a Comment