Friday, April 23, 2010

Moving Forward in 2010

Picking the name of a new blog is an interesting process. I like to have a title that sort of says or encompasses what is going on in my life. My old blog, Mind Over Marathon, was so much fun to write. It helped me focus on my marathon goals.

I selected, Mind Over Myself, because if you can't manage "yourself" and all that you do, how can you ever be successful and achieve your goals. How can you be happy without Minding or managing who you really are? In my opinion, Mind Over Myself means discipline, dedication and commitment to do what it takes to be your best.

I am striving to be the best I can be. That means more than just reaching goals in sports. It also encompasses life in general. Be the best husband, do the best I can for my clients, etc. This is a process.

It's a way of life!!

I hope you enjoy!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My goals/events that I will cover with this blog are:

Chicago Spring Half Marathon: May 16

13.1 Half Marathon: June 13

Bigfoot, (Olympic Distance) Triathlon: June 27

Ironman Racine 70.3 Half Ironman: July 18

Rock N Roll 1/2 Marathon: Aug. 1

Chicago Triathlon (Olympic Distance): Aug. 27-29

Chicago 1/2 Marathon: Sept. 12

Chicago Marathon: Oct. 10

Hot Chocolate 15K: Nov. 7

These are the events I have selected. As of now I am planning to do them all. I may change my mind on just a couple.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will be writing about swimming, biking and running.

*My goals for the 1/2 marathons is to break 1:40 and secure a spot in New York for 2011.

* My goal for Bigfoot is to learn something about competing in a triathlon. This is a warm up for the Ironman 70.3.

* My goal for the Half Ironman is to do the best I can. I want to be competitive so I will train hard for this. I'd love to get a qualifying spot for the Ford Ironman 70.3 World Championships. I would have to do very well in my age group, 50-55, to do this. I will try.

* My goal for the Chicago Marathon is maybe 3:20:00.

So, there will be plenty to write about. I hope you enjoy watching.






-----
" Beyond the very extreme of fatigue and distress, we may find amounts of ease and power we never dreamed ourselves to own, sources of strength never taxed at all because we never push through the obstruction."

* It takes courage to push yourself to places that you have never been before... to test your limits... to break through barriers. And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight inside the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.” - Anais Nin

No comments:

Post a Comment