Saturday, April 10, 2010

Strategizing

Good Saturday Morning.

Looks like a beautiful spring day in Chicago. Temps are around 60 now and it is sunny. Perfect for a 6 mile marathon pace run. I have been thinking about my game plan for Boston. It is coming together in my mind.

Since I am in wave two, corral 14, I may try to stay near the front of that corral if the pace is not too fast. If it is fast I will stick to my pacing game plan. But, this still should be less crowded than being in the back of wave one. It would be cool to stay near the front and feel like I am leading the race. I will be smart out there.

During my training for Boston I have probably done less hill training than most. But, the hills I did run in Ixtapa were great training and better than anything I could have done here in Chicago. Also, I think of my hill runs in Michigan. I am ready for Boston's bumps. My legs, I'm sure, have seen harder hills than Boston.

Yesterday I went and purchased my Boston Marathon outfit. I started my search at Fleet Feet, my main running store. No orange. So, I decided to head to Running Away Multi Sport. Since I am a member of the Chicago Tri Club I get discounts here. They had my orange. I managed to get an orange Craft singlet top and black shorts.

The outfit will be: V Team hat? Sunglasses, orange singlet, orange rubber Iron Ambition bracelet, Garmin 310XT with hints of orange, black shorts, socks and Nike Lunaracers. I am not sure how all this orange has come into my life but I'm liking it.

Have a great day all!! Time to go for a run.


-----
" Beyond the very extreme of fatigue and distress, we may find amounts of ease and power we never dreamed ourselves to own, sources of strength never taxed at all because we never push through the obstruction."

* It takes courage to push yourself to places that you have never been before... to test your limits... to break through barriers. And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight inside the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.” - Anais Nin

No comments:

Post a Comment