Sunday, April 18, 2010

Boston Marathon Eve.

Good Sunday Morning.

Well, here we are Boston Marathon Eve. How exciting!

That night was the V Team dinner. It was great to see all those who came. I wish I could have stayed longer but I only had 45 minutes to visit before joining my wife and in laws for dinner. Bob K handed out cookies to everyone and said to eat them before the marathon. I wonder if they have some pinole or some performance enhancing good things in them that increases speed and endurance. Thanks Bob, I will follow your instructions.

My wife and I have walked a bunch around here. It has been a misty rain for two days. Not really enough to keep us inside. The BAA has been setting up the course and finish line for days. There is a huge jumbo-tron just outside the hotel. Many many people walking around with their Boston Marathon yellow gear check bags. Many many past and current runners walking around with their Boston Marathon jackets. It is interesting to see previous years jacket designs and colors. You just know some of these people have run this race many times.

I have not run since Wednesday. Three days off seems like forever. I had a massage on Thursday at our hotel and since then I thought I was coming down with a cold. But, as I thought about it I am sure it was the releasing of toxins in my body that needed to be flushed out. Today I feel great. Of course I feel fat from not running and eating more than normal. I have been eating basically greek yogurt and banana for breakfast, whatever for lunch and raw ahi tuna and pasta for dinner. If there is no pasta then potato.

I saw Meb's brother in our hotel yesterday. My God is he small. He must weigh around 120 or less. I bet he just flys and barely feels the ground under his feet.

Today I am 50 years old. I want to thank my mother and father for giving me my life. Thanks mom and dad. It has been a very interesting 50 years. Lots of adventures along the way that have shaped me into who I am today. Life has a way of molding you if you let it. I hope the next 50 years are just as good or better and that I can light the world as I go along.

Have a great day everyone.


-----
" Beyond the very extreme of fatigue and distress, we may find amounts of ease and power we never dreamed ourselves to own, sources of strength never taxed at all because we never push through the obstruction."

* It takes courage to push yourself to places that you have never been before... to test your limits... to break through barriers. And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight inside the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.” - Anais Nin

No comments:

Post a Comment