Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Orange

Good morning.

As I sit in my favorite chair enjoying my morning jolt of coffee I am reminded of the view during the winter months. Things certainly have changed since then. The snow has been replaced with greenery. The birds have returned and are enjoying flights of fancy. The trees are blossoming all over the place. Spring is one of my favorite times of year. I have been thinking to myself, why? I think it's because nature happily comes back to life. It's a joyful return as the first flowers break the earth's crust, the bushes and trees bud with their bright colors and all forms of life start showing up. I love it and truely appreciate being able to celebrate being alive with nature.

I have noticed a trend in my life lately with the color, orange. Clothes I've selected recently are orange. My Nike Frees are orange. My Garmin 310XT is orange. A friend, John Callos, who is doing MdS marathon in the Sahara right now sent me his book, Iron Ambition along with a rubber, "Orange" bracelet with the words, Iron Ambition, Anything is Possible, on it. I have also been seeing orange all over the place.

So, I think I will wear an orange top for the Boston Marathon as well as my orange Garmin and orange Iron Ambition bracelet. Orange it is. I will get the hint.

Yesterday I decided to get a massage and then got the blood pumping a bit via the elliptical again. I am not sweating as much as normal so I am retaining water for some reason. My weight is up a little because of this. I want to be 168 in time for Boston.

Today I will most likely run 6 miles.

Taper is wonderful.


-----
" Beyond the very extreme of fatigue and distress, we may find amounts of ease and power we never dreamed ourselves to own, sources of strength never taxed at all because we never push through the obstruction."

* It takes courage to push yourself to places that you have never been before... to test your limits... to break through barriers. And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight inside the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.” - Anais Nin

2 comments:

  1. Water in, water out...drink water (and add some fresh lemon to it to help get the water out!). You're going to love Boston! I'm excited for you...can't wait to read your report.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Paula, I appreciate your kind support. I hope I have a great report to write.
    Love your boat!

    Randy

    ReplyDelete