Tuesday, April 27, 2010

First Day Of The Rest of my Tri Life

Good morning.

Yesterday was the official start of my triathlon training. Even though I am swimming and biking , I am still paying much attention to my first love, running. I have such a large running base that I might as well make it one of my specialties for triathlon.

I started my day yesterday with a 2000 yard swim workout. The warm up was an easy 500 yards. I timed the warm up just to see how long it took, 11 minutes. Not too bad for an easy effort. Then I decided to do 5X100 speed drills to see where I stand compared to December/January results. My fastest 100 was 1:39 and the slowest was 1:44. My average would have been approx 1:42. So, I need to get this down to 1:30 or better. Plenty of time for that. In Dec/Jan my 100 time test was 1:58 so there has been good improvement.

After the speed test I just swam and did some catch up drill and speed intervals to simulate a race start and then getting into race pace.

Later in the day I hopped on the bike on the cycleops trainer and pedaled 15 miles. My rear end has adapted nicely to the new shorts with less padding. I did have to make one adjustment and was grateful to have shorts on vs a full tri suit. I rode much of the time in the aero position which takes some getting used to. After a while it becomes second nature.

All in all a good start.

Today I am looking forward to running, my first love.


-----
" Beyond the very extreme of fatigue and distress, we may find amounts of ease and power we never dreamed ourselves to own, sources of strength never taxed at all because we never push through the obstruction."

* It takes courage to push yourself to places that you have never been before... to test your limits... to break through barriers. And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight inside the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.” - Anais Nin

No comments:

Post a Comment