Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Playing It Smart

Good afternoon.

I am feeling pretty good. It is surprising how little if any soreness exists after a 20 mile run which was run 11 seconds per mile slower than my recent Chicago Marathon pace. Run 6.2 more miles, add in a little extra effort and it is a different world. The next couple days after a marathon it is difficult to go down stairs. After a 20 mile run, no problem. Ah the mysteries of the marathon.

Yesterday I just decided to do 7 miles on the elliptical. My legs felt surprisingly great afterward. Today I may take the day off or get on the bike. I am in no hurry to run. After taking the week off of running while in Florida, I realized that it did not hurt my running ability or endurance. It is taper time and I will respect that. The training is done.

Tomorrow will probably be 6 and Thursday 8. Friday is an off day. Saturday is another 6 and Sunday 12/13. So, there really is plenty of running to do. Just don't want to push it. I broke my addiction in Florida.

Fresh body and mind are my number one goals for Boston.


-----
" Beyond the very extreme of fatigue and distress, we may find amounts of ease and power we never dreamed ourselves to own, sources of strength never taxed at all because we never push through the obstruction."

* It takes courage to push yourself to places that you have never been before... to test your limits... to break through barriers. And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight inside the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.” - Anais Nin

No comments:

Post a Comment