Thursday, December 31, 2009

Reaching My Prime

It is hard to believe I am almost 50 years old. I can do things at age 49.7 that I could never do in my younger days. Perhaps my focus and perspective has changed and that helps. I believe that maturity has made me wiser and that wisdom keeps me on the right paths. I look forward to much health and happiness in the new year. As 2010 beckons, I look forward to much success in my business as a financial consultant and also in my athletic endeavors. Of course, I also plan to become an even better husband. Must always strive to be the best I can be in whatever I do. It is funny, as I have gotten older and wiser I have come to realize that I can really accomplish whatever I put my mind to. The only thing that ever held me back in the past was myself. The motto I developed, Idea/Goal...Choice....Action, is very useful. It works. Below is a rough schedule of my 2010 running and triathlon schedule.

I am all set to train for my triathlons as I also train for Boston. Got the bike, the indoor trainer, I can swim at the fitness club and run, inside or out. I am looking forward to see how next year pans out. Some races I have in mind for 2010:

RUNNING:

Shamrock Shuffle 8K

Boston Marathon

13.1 Race

Chicago Half Marathon

Chicago Marathon

Urbanathlon

Hot Chocolate Run 15K

NY Marathon, my goal for Boston is to qualify for NY, need 3:30

TRIATHLONS:

Bigfoot Triathlon, Olympic Distance, June 27

Ironman 1/2, 70.3 Racine WI. July 18

Steelhead 1/2, 70.3 Benton Harbor, MI July 31

Ford Ironman World Championships (Hopefully) Oct. 2010, Kona, HI

Ford Ironman 70.3 World Championship(Hopefully) Clearwater, FL

If I do not get a lottery spot for the Ford Ironman World Championship then I plan to run the Chicago Marathon. Then if I do well in Boston I may run the NY Marathon. So, 2010 has the potential to be a very exciting athletic year.




-----
" Beyond the very extreme of fatigue and distress, we may find amounts of ease and power we never dreamed ourselves to own, sources of strength never taxed at all because we never push through the obstruction

No comments:

Post a Comment