Sunday, December 20, 2009

My Worn Brown Leather Chair

Saturday December 19

Tis the morn. I am relaxed and in my favorite worn brown leather chair. Coffee aroma fills the dimly lit room. As I peer over my crooked bifocals the outdoor scene has changed from yesterday. A thin veneer of sticky white snow has covered the naked wooden deck and houserizon. All roofs as far as the eye can see sport the new look. Snow continues its slow decent to earth. I slowly sip my hot black coffee and ponder the days activities. The hustle and bustle of Christmas shopping is complete. With the invasion of company to arrive early next holiday week the busy chores can wait til Monday if I want our nicely decorated home to look its holiday best.

A special occasion awaits me later in the day. A dream I have will make an appearance, teasing me. It is the gut wrenching, inspiring and emotional telecast of the 2009 Ironman World Championship. I have come to love watching the personal journeys of those tri-athletes who are profiled during the telecast.

Before I ever made the "choice" to run the Chicago Marathon I would always watch it's telecast. Finally, after many years of watching I made the "decision" to participate, "action." I think the same result will happen with the triathlon. God, I would love that lottery spot.

I feel very fresh today and would like to leave lots of snowy footprints on the pavement. Perhaps a longish run is in order. I have lots of footprints to leave.


-----
" Beyond the very extreme of fatigue and distress, we may find amounts of ease and power we never dreamed ourselves to own, sources of strength never taxed at all because we never push through the obstruction."

No comments:

Post a Comment