Saturday, December 12, 2009

Long Run Day

As I sit in my worn brown leather chair I enjoy slowly waking up to the day. The strong black coffee helps my body and mind prepare for my 13.1 mile or longer run along Lake Michigan on the lakefront path. As the sky slowly brightens and the sun rises the thin veil of clouds add a variety of warming colors. It becomes obvious as I peer over my bi-focals at the snow covered deck and "houserizon" that today will be a sunny bright day. Even though it's cold out I notice the snow melting from my garage roof, slowly receeding.A perfect day for a long run.

My run will take me east past historical Wrigley Field and towards Lake Michigan. Once on the lakefront path I will head south for several miles. I have done this scenic route many many times in my training for marathons. I am sure to see many of my running friends. The ones I don't know. I know their faces though. The faces of commitement and determination.

Have a great day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment