Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Thoughts...Choices....Actions

Yesterday I was thinking about how much my life has changed over the last several years. Some examples, bought a house, lost 60 pounds, improved my fitness, I eat much healthier, increased the miles I run considerably, ran three Chicago Marathons and other races, started my own business, qualified for Boston marathon, entered lottery for Ironman World Championships, started triathlon swim training, etc.

As I was thinking about all of these personal successes I wondered what led me to achieve them . The answer in my head was that first I had to have the thought or idea. Then I had to, "Make The Choice," to make the change. Then I, "Had To Act," once the choice was made.

That's what life basically boils down to. "What Choices Do You Make." You need more than the choice though you need to act on your choice and stick with it. We can achieve many many things if we really want to. Just make the choice and act.

For example, I want to write a book some day. I will do this. The day I pick up that pen or start typing on the computer, that will be the start of my book. The thought, the choice, the action, the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment