Monday, December 14, 2009

No Monday Blues

Good Monday morning everyone. Many people do not like Mondays. I used to be in that camp. But, then I read a quote that has always stuck with me: "If you are living for the weekend, then you are not really living." When I first read this I thought about about how true it was. We have 5 days to live through before the weekend gets here. We might as well enjoy those days as well especially since they are the majority of our week. I actually used to get "down" on Sunday because the next day was Monday and time to go to a job I did not really love. Silly isn't it?

You do not need to have lots of money to be happy. Think of all the "money rich" people who are miserable. "Wealth truely is a state of mind." If you have your health and you are happy inside you are one of the wealthiest people on the planet.

On a running note, my wife and I ran our 11 miles yeaterday. Our average pace was 8:45 and my average HR was 125 bpm. Today I need to go check out a fitness facility with a pool so I can start swimming in preparation for a possible lottery spot in the Ironman World Championships next year.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Randy! Have fun with your blog. You can add music too -- if you're creative, it can be a real time suck. But, it's definitely fun! Natalie

    ReplyDelete