Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I'm Totally Immersed

Happy Cinco de Mayo.

Yesterday was an easy day. The previous three workout days were, Saturday's 14 mile run, Sunday's 56 mile bike and Monday's 6 mile run. My legs yesterday seemed tired so I gave them a break and only swam.

I continue to work on the techniques in the book, Total Immersion. The swim went very well. I got in the new groove right away and continued to work on it non-stop, it felt that easy. My heart rate stayed low and the breathing was easy. What turned out to be a quickie 1000 yards became 1500. I did not time this workout but it was over sooo soon.

One thing I am grateful about is that I started triathlon training in December. This helped me build a pretty solid base. I would hate to be just starting out now.

Today's workout is still up in the air. I want to do a bike ride and I also want to to a speed run. Perhaps I can break it up with a bike training session this morning and a run later. But, I just know that if I do the bike in the basement on the trainer I am going to want to do a brick run right after to see how that feels. Time will tell.

So far the triathlon schedule is:

Bigfoot Tri: June 27

Steelhead Half Ironman: July 31

Chicago Triathlon: Aug 29

They are all spaced out about a month which is good.


-----
" Beyond the very extreme of fatigue and distress, we may find amounts of ease and power we never dreamed ourselves to own, sources of strength never taxed at all because we never push through the obstruction."

* It takes courage to push yourself to places that you have never been before... to test your limits... to break through barriers. And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight inside the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.” - Anais Nin

No comments:

Post a Comment