Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Working Hard & Liking It!

Good morning.

As I look back on it, yesterday was a busy day. It's funny. I work, I workout, I work some more, workout again, work ends, I have one more workout. I love it though.

It is good to love whatever work you do. It makes life much more enjoyable. Granted, the market has been tough recently with all kinds of worries. But, we will prevail. We always do.

Yesterday's first workout was a little swim. i was contemplating a recovery swim. I warmed up with 500 yards freestyle and ended with 5X100 sprints with20 seconds rest between 100's. My first 100 took 1:44. They got faster from there. I was tired on the last one and decided to take it easy and focus on smooth technique. Surprise, 1:44, taking it easy while a little tired. That got me thinking....only a few seconds difference between hard and sort of easy.

Later in the day I went into my weight room and pounded out a good upper and some lower body exercises. I also started using one of my cables to simulate the pull phase of swimming. This will make my lats stronger for the swim.

After the weights I felt like doing a short 10 mile spin on the trainer. I just worked on a smooth cadence between 90-100 rpms.

My first triathlon is fast approaching on June 27. This is my test tri, a warm up for the 1/2 Ironman July 31. But, I still want to do well in my age group, 50-54. Have I done enough to prepare?

I really am looking forward to this triathlon journey and lifestyle. What better way to stay fit and healthy.


-----
" Beyond the very extreme of fatigue and distress, we may find amounts of ease and power we never dreamed ourselves to own, sources of strength never taxed at all because we never push through the obstruction."

* It takes courage to push yourself to places that you have never been before... to test your limits... to break through barriers. And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight inside the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.” - Anais Nin

1 comment: