Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Same Fun Different Day

Good morning.

What a clear, clean air day in Chicago. We call those, "Green Days." Should be a great day to run under the sun. Temps will be around 80 with low humidity. Can't get any better than that. These are the days I dream about during the cold, grey winter.

After Sunday's 1/2 marathon I did do a recovery bike ride. I only pedaled 5 miles on the trainer to get the blood moving around. I do workouts like this after significant races. Even after the Chicago and Boston Marathons I do not hesitate to hop on the elliptical on race day to circulate the blood.

Monday was supposed to be a swimming day but the pool at XSport was closed due to a chemical imbalance.

Instead of swimming I did a bike training session on the indoor trainer. Man, my legs and aerobic capacity felt the strongest ever. This may have been my strongest bike session on the trainer. My cadence was high on most gears. I usually do 20 miles on the trainer. But, when I hit that mark I just kept going and ended up with 25 solid miles. There is a rule of thumb that the distance done on the trainer is equivelent to 1.5 times outside.

Tuesday was a complete lower body rest day, meaning no biking or running. Instead, I went and did a 1000 yard recovery swim. Easy stuff. Later in the day I did my weekly all body weight workout of mainly high reps. I love the straight legged dead lifts with dumbells. They stretch out the entire back of the leg and also strengthen your backside.

Today I am looking forward to a nice long run.


-----
" Beyond the very extreme of fatigue and distress, we may find amounts of ease and power we never dreamed ourselves to own, sources of strength never taxed at all because we never push through the obstruction."

* It takes courage to push yourself to places that you have never been before... to test your limits... to break through barriers. And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight inside the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.” - Anais Nin

No comments:

Post a Comment