Saturday, June 26, 2010

Tri Rehearsal

Yesterday I did a small practice tri. Did a 1.3 mile open water swim in Lake Michigan. Swam farther than I planned, mainly because I don't yet know how the Chicago Park District measured it's 1/4 and 1/2 mile bouys starting point. Regardless, the semi relaxing swim took 38 minutes.

Later in the day I did a small bike to run brick workout. I biked 10 miles around my neighborhood and quickly put on my running shoes and took off.

My legs are really feeling much better coming off the bike. Yesterday I did not have bowling ball legs. I only ran about 1.36 miles. The first mile was my fastest coming off the bike at 8:05 and it did not take long to hit a 7:20 pace for the remaining .36 mile.

I think I'm as ready as I can be for tomorrow. I hope I can bring it all together. I guess all I can do is my best.


-----
" Beyond the very extreme of fatigue and distress, we may find amounts of ease and power we never dreamed ourselves to own, sources of strength never taxed at all because we never push through the obstruction."

* It takes courage to push yourself to places that you have never been before... to test your limits... to break through barriers. And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight inside the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.” - Anais Nin

No comments:

Post a Comment