Friday, August 20, 2010

Swimmin Bikin and Runnin oh my!

The last couple days I have stayed busy with training.

Wednesday was a 15 mile bike interval workout on the trainer. My speed bursts followed the P90X workout my wife was doing. Thirty seconds here a minute there. It was fun. Took out some monotony.

Thursday was another 1.4 mile open water swim in Lake Michigan. This swim was a training PR with a time of 35:30. The catch and pull felt very strong and I was not even tired when finished. I will go hard in the Chicago Tri next weekend and especially at Branson 1/2 IM.

Later Thursday afternoon I went for a Garmin free 8 miler. That was kind of interesting. Just running by feel and grooving to the tunes. Sweat was flying from the hat.

Today was a 40 mile recovery bike ride with a neighbor friend.

Tomorrow I am looking forward to joining the other triathletes at Ohio St Beach for my Saturday morning open water swim. I may do a 6 mile speed run later in the day.

Sunday will be a 40 mile bike with the Chicago Tri Club and maybe a run later. If I run 10??? I will have my first 40 mile running week in a long time.

Next week is the Chicago Triathlon and I will have a very mini taper.

Have a great weekend all.


-----
" Beyond the very extreme of fatigue and distress, we may find amounts of ease and power we never dreamed ourselves to own, sources of strength never taxed at all because we never push through the obstruction."

* It takes courage to push yourself to places that you have never been before... to test your limits... to break through barriers. And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight inside the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.” - Anais Nin

No comments:

Post a Comment