Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Back At It

Good morning.

I have not blogged recently because there has not been much to report on. Since my 12.25 mile run on Sunday I wanted to give my legs a small recovery break.

I did a 10 mile spin workout on Monday just to loosen up the leg muscles. I also swam 700 yards in the pool.

Tuesday was another break for the legs but I swam again with 2X500 race pace in the pool.

I need to catch up a little with the pool/open water work. I took a few days off while in Michigan because I had a mishap at the in laws house. I was in the kitchen making a peanut butter and jelly sandwich when I heard terrible screams from my wife and mother in law. I knew my wife was out there with the dogs and by the tone of the screams I thought one of the dogs was getting killed.

I bolted from the kitchen and through the screan door and saw my Westie in a fight with a large lab type water dog. I immediately ran to the fight and pinned the large dog against the garage and grabbed his collar with my right hand. Then my Westie was still attacking and I tried to stop him with my left hand.

This all happened so fast it's hard to remember all the details. But, my left hand got bit hard by one of the dogs and I needed stiches. Talk about adrenaline. The stiches come out tomorrow.

Only 2 1/2 weeks til the 1/2 Ironman. Training is going well and I am looking forward to today's run. The plan calls for 2 easy, 4 at 10K pace, 2 easy. The temps will be up there over 90 degrees with a heat index of about 100. I will be careful if need be.




-----
" Beyond the very extreme of fatigue and distress, we may find amounts of ease and power we never dreamed ourselves to own, sources of strength never taxed at all because we never push through the obstruction."

* It takes courage to push yourself to places that you have never been before... to test your limits... to break through barriers. And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight inside the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.” - Anais Nin

No comments:

Post a Comment