Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Nurse Randy Reporting for Duty

Good morning.

My youngest who is 4 and weighs 7 pounds will have surgery today. He tore his ACL and this needs to be repaired. He wants to play so badly with his tennis ball. But, I can't do it. I think he knows he is injured. One minute he can be walking around and all is ok. Then all of a sudden I would hear a yelp and he would be standing there holding up his back right leg. I would pick him up and stretch his leg until the joint popped back in place. It is amazing how much that little leg moved.

Chico will be fine and I look forward to helping him recover. He is my smallest bestest friend.

Thank God, the political TV ads are over for a while. I think politicians and others who are in positions of authority and trust should pay triple penalties if found guilty of crimes, fraud, etc. Maybe that would bring back honesty and integrity. I do not trust or respect any politician. You must earn trust and respect. That comes with time. We have all seen our political system at work. It's not pretty. Actions speak louder than words.

Yesterday's workout was weights and biking. When I weight train I always mix upper body exercises with lower body. I want my blood rushing up and down my body. This helps to flush your system and also burns more calories. It goes like this, chest to lunge to lat pull down to leg extension to bent over rows. Three sets. Then I did some other weights.

After the weights I got on the bike and trained for 10 miles.

Today is a running day. I may do 8 this morning and 4 later. Playing this by ear. I would also like to fit in some swimming in between. Sounds like a busy day.


-----
" Beyond the very extreme of fatigue and distress, we may find amounts of ease and power we never dreamed ourselves to own, sources of strength never taxed at all because we never push through the obstruction."

* It takes courage to push yourself to places that you have never been before... to test your limits... to break through barriers. And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight inside the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.” - Anais Nin

No comments:

Post a Comment