Friday, February 26, 2010

I Woke Up

Good morning.

I had the most awesome dream. I was in a very warm and beautiful place near the ocean. In the dream I would enjoy the sea and sun with my wife and I was also training on some tough hills for Boston. The days were wonderful and the food terrific. Then I woke up.

Now I am back in my favorite worn brown leather chair with my coffee and dogs looking out the window. The snow is still present and the cold remains. That was a great dream though.
Back to reality. But, reality is ok. Life is to be enjoyed no matter where you are. Even though winter tends to drag on a bit in Chicago I try to make the most of my days. Enjoy the day I have, not the day I want. There is something great about being with the comforts of home.

Boston is getting closer by the day. I hope the hills I've been training on the last 8 days will provide lots of stamina when it comes to the hills of Boston.

I am reading, Born To Run. One thought that crossed my mind, after reading some of the things the runners do in this book, the marathon is just a beginning, child's play. Yes it's a very tough event and one heck of an accomplishment. But, compared to some of the feats I've read in the book it pales in comparison. Absolutely amazing stuff.

I mentioned that I would insert some favorite quotes from the book:

"It reminded me of a proverb attributed to Roger Bannister, the first man to break the four minute mile:
Every morning in Africa, a gazalle wakes up, it knows it must outrun the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the slowest gazelle, or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you are a lion or a gazelle-when the sun comes up, you'd better be running."

Hello again everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment