Saturday, February 6, 2010

Chico, Boston Training & Pursuit of Happiness

Good blustery morning from Chicago.

It is interesting and satisfying to watch Chico heal. He is still very apprehensive with walking on three legs but he can now get up from laying down all on his own. When I saw that, it made me happy. Small steps are good. It sort of made me think that he is a survivor and not a quitter.
Yesterday was Friday and Fridays are Tridays. So, I put together a brick and swam 2000 yards and biked 10 miles. Also, weight trained in between those work outs.

Today calls for a 7 mile MP run which I may increase to 10 miles. I may change the purpose of this run altogether once I get going. I just did a 7 mile MP run Thursday. Perhaps, once I get to the lakefront path I will do a two mile repeat before resumming the run through Lincoln Park or do some intervals or some fartleking. Maybe I will run MP until the lakefront path, do 2 mile repeat fast and then resume MP run home. I'll let you all know soon. I am also looking forward to seeing how I feel after using my new orthotics again. See ya. -----

" Beyond the very extreme of fatigue and distress, we may find amounts of ease and power we never dreamed ourselves to own, sources of strength never taxed at all because we never push through the obstruction."*

It takes courage to push yourself to places that you have never been before... to test your limits... to break through barriers. And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight inside the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.” - Anais Nin

No comments:

Post a Comment