Friday, October 8, 2010

Just Do It!

Good morning.

At this time last year I was filled with excitement and ready to tackle the Chicago Marathon. It is a fun time of year and the culmination of all the months of training coming together for one final burst. All those miles. I had qualifying for the Boston Marathon on my mind. Could I do it?

It's amazing how achieving one major goal can change your life. It all starts with the "thought" and then going for it.

During last years Chicago Marathon I ran the last 1/2 marathon with quads that were killing me. I pushed through several hamstring cramps finishing in 3:35:51 and qualifying for Boston with seconds to spare.

That race gave me so much more confidence in myself. I finally realized that, "I can do this."

Then the year that unfolded for me after the marathon has just been incredible. The success at Chicago made me realize that I can pretty much do or achieve any goal I set my mind on.

I took on a new task: Triathlons. How fun. Another dream, lived.

Most, if not all of my running races and triathlons have been successes. I am not going to go over all the training I've done or bore you with details of each race or event.

The main message here is that where would I be now if I never took that chance or leap of faith. What if I still sat at home watching the Chicago Marathon on TV with the internal desire to run in it. I don't know where I'd be right now.

I am just very happy that I took that first step. There is no stopping me now.


-----
" Beyond the very extreme of fatigue and distress, we may find amounts of ease and power we never dreamed ourselves to own, sources of strength never taxed at all because we never push through the obstruction."

* It takes courage to push yourself to places that you have never been before... to test your limits... to break through barriers. And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight inside the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.” - Anais Nin

1 comment:

  1. Queen said it best! "don't stop me now/I'm having such a good time/I'm having a ball..."

    ReplyDelete