Monday, April 11, 2011

GROUND CONTROL TO MAJOR TOM

Ground control to Major Tom. Ground control to Major Tom. Take your protein pills and put your helmets on. It's Boston week.

I am happy to report that my last several runs have been wonderful. It seems that the exercises the PT gave me are working and allowing me to run without hip/groin pain.
My Saturday 6 miler was great with the last 4 miles near 7 pace. Sunday's 11 miler also went great.
The Chi Running technique is being in-grained into me and it works. My cadence of 180 or higher is becoming second nature. The speed generated using Chi Running, fast cadence and a slight forward lean is very very interesting. It does not take long until I reach 7 pace or better. Also, my heart rate is moderate to low.
So, for Boston I am much more optimistic than I was just a couple weeks ago. I'm kind of shocked actually at the timing of all the variable that came together allowing my injury to heal in time.
I have the endurance for the race. The only variable missing is hill training. I am not sure how my quads will do on the down hills of Boston. They might do great with my new form, I don't know. Time will tell.
So for now it's all systems go, ground control.

-----
" Beyond the very extreme of fatigue and distress, we may find amounts of ease and power we never dreamed ourselves to own, sources of strength never taxed at all because we never push through the obstruction."

* It takes courage to push yourself to places that you have never been before... to test your limits... to break through barriers. And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight inside the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.” - Anais Nin

No comments:

Post a Comment