Tuesday, February 1, 2011

I'm a Big Loser

Training is going well. Swimming, biking, running, ellipting, yogaing, P90Xing etc. has been fun.

As the holidays came to an end, even though I was burning at least 1000 calories per day from exercise my weight had crept up to 174 pounds. I just did not understand why.

So, with the beginning of the new year I decided to really start counting calories again and consuming 2000-2300 calories per day. This was also while maintaining my daily caloric burn from exercise of 1000 +. I also cut out "chips" of any kind. I focused on the good clean stuff. More fruits, more water.

This lifestyle change took off 9 pounds for January and I'm back to my lowest adult weight level of 165 pounds. I will continue this lifestyle indefinitely. I would like to first reach 160 pounds and see how things look there. If I feel I can afford more "fat" loss I'll shoot for 155 pounds. I will not go any lower than that.

Once I reach my final weight loss destination I will up the daily caloric needs to match my bodily needs and exercise burn. I will maintain that level.

I have not lost muscle in this journey. I am doing various strength training and consuming protein, etc. Things are looking great.
This is a weight loss journey that started several years ago at 225 pounds. The journey and refinement continues.


Edited by Silentrunner 2/1/2011 9:04 AM

-----
" Beyond the very extreme of fatigue and distress, we may find amounts of ease and power we never dreamed ourselves to own, sources of strength never taxed at all because we never push through the obstruction."

* It takes courage to push yourself to places that you have never been before... to test your limits... to break through barriers. And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight inside the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.” - Anais

No comments:

Post a Comment